Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thinking About My 10 for 10 List!

I was browsing my favorite blogs this morning and came across Mandy's blog.  She announced the upcoming 10 for 10 Event coming up on August 10th.  Bloggers or anyone who wishes to share their top 10 must-have, can't-live-without picture books are invited to join in and link their picks to their site on this day.

I am pumped for this!  I already have several books in mind that I know are mentor texts for me, yet do not want to put books on my list that teachers are already familiar with, so I'm seeking out some "sleepers" that need some recognition!

I'm wondering if I need to focus on a catagory though.  Many teachers are looking for fresh new books for the beginning of the year or launching reading and writing workshops. . . that may be an option.

Another idea may be to focus on books that one would intentionally choose for different purposes at teacher trainings AND for students.  Hmmmm.  .  .  so much to ponder.

I'm not sure if I am more excited to share mine or to see what books others will choose!

I've got to get crackin if I'm going to be ready in time!  Woohoo!!

Shari :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment